Saturday, February 18, 2012

Museum Archivist

Most of my degree mates know that I wanted to be a librarian. It all started when I saw The Mummy and completely fell in love with Rachel Weisz's character, Evelyn. She was a librarian and I thought she was very cool. I wanted to be like her but since I'm a 'go with the flow' person, I'm now finishing a degree my father chose for me. 

Recently I've been looking at the UP library science degree and can't help to think that maybe it's time to pursue this. I was also looking at the kinds of jobs a library science degree holder can have. One of them was to become an archivist. I instantly wondered if there were archivists at the Louvre. (They probably have, it's such a famous museum.)

Museum + France + library science = ....?

Then a cray idea hit me. After I go finish my master's degree, practice for a bit and then move to Paris as a museum archivist. Then study french at the same time. Whew, I'd be happy to just be living a life like that.

I'm a 'go with the flow' type of person so if life gives me a chance, I would:
1. get a master's degree in library science
2. move to paris
3. study french (with korean and japanese on the side)
4. become a museum archivist




Oh la la watta daydreamer! =))

No comments:

Post a Comment